"Global Chinese" Languages Learning and Teaching !

Site menu
Our poll
Rate my site
Total of answers: 73
Login form
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
learn Chinese,study Mandarin-forum » Chinese Language » Useful Chinese » discussion on how to learn Chinese
discussion on how to learn Chinese
carolgreen481Date: Tuesday, 2012-09-18, 10:06 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
ChineseTones recommend you learn standard Chinese Mandarin first(watching real-life videos and practicing listening and speaking, because it’sbest to learn whole phrases and sentences in context). Meanwhile, you may needsome knowledge of Pinyin, if you are a newbie learner.
1. Summary of Chinese Pinyin
Chinese Phonetic Alphabet is the national standard for ChinesePinyin and is also the international standard stipulated by the United Nationsfor spelling Chinese special terms and names of persons and places.
Chinese Pinyin is a way of writing Chinese that is easier forforeigners to read. The details will be explained in the following courses.
Learning Pinyin is a necessary step for learning Chinese. Ithelps you to master the standard pronunciation of Chinese characters. Aftermastering Pinyin, you will be able to read Chinese books that have Pinyin,learn Chinese characters by looking in the dictionary and thus enter a newworld of Chinese learning.
Chinese characters include picture based (pictographic)characters, picture/sound (pictophonetic) characters and combined meaningcharacters. For example, the character "口" is based on a picture of an open mouth, so it is apictographic character. But you only know how to say it by reading Pinyin, inthis case so you can see how important Pinyin is for learning Chinese.
2. Learning Method of Chinese Pinyin
When learning Pinyin, you should be aware of certainlimitations:
1. Pinyin does not represent English pronunciation and should not be pronouncedaccording to English conventions. You are advised to learn Pinyin phoneticconventions, bearing in mind that many sounds have no equivalents in English.
2. Since Pinyin is based only on the sounds of Mandarin Chinese, Pinyin isunsuitable for other Chinese spoken dialects, because the sounds do notcorrespond to their speech.
Pinyin is a way to represent Chinese characters and express thesounds in the Chinese language using the alphabet. There are other systems toexpress Mandarin, but Pinyin is the most accepted and widely used. Once youlearn Pinyin you will know how to pronounce any word in Mandarin using aChinese dictionary. Pinyin is also the most common way to input Chinesecharacters into a computer

marywhiteDate: Thursday, 2013-07-18, 11:02 AM | Message # 2
Private
Hey,

I have been using this e-book for a while, and I think it good to

help learn Chinese. I highly recommend this to you. Hope you'll enjoy

it.

http://www.huayuschool.com/experienceBook/en/index.htm

DanDate: Tuesday, 2013-10-15, 6:10 AM | Message # 3
Private
Hey carolgreen481,

To learn Mandarin Chinese and Pinyin in an accessible online environment head to www.wordoor.com !

Wordoor – The Online Language Learning Community connects students, teachers, tutors, and language partners through a new social platform for private language learning, cultural exchange and especially for studying English, practical Mandarin Chinese and Pinyin. Our social approach gives students freedom to choose their own time and price for learning!

What can we offer?

• Your location: Use Skype to connect coaches from all over the world.
• Your time: you set your availability. Contact coaches when they meet your schedule.
• Your terms: You choose your levels, topics and number of classes.

If you’re interested in joining the Wordoor platform, please go to www.wordoor.com, and click on ''Sign up'. Thank you!

Best wishes,

Dan

allenwuDate: Sunday, 2021-07-11, 8:52 AM | Message # 4
Private
The most convenient way of learning Chinese is online lessons. I tried www.echineselearning.com where I can communicate with native Chinese tutor and they would set a personalized studying plan for me, which is effective for my Chinese ability.

johnDate: Tuesday, 2021-09-07, 2:24 PM | Message # 5
Private
For beginners, here's a guide on how to find the best way to learn Chinese online: https://www.hackchinese.com/blog/best-way-to-learn-chinese-online There are some great insights here that I hope will help you. smile

Aside from that, I think that practicing consistently is the only way to learn Chinese. You can use memorization techniques, like spaced repetition, to maximize your results. In this method, the key idea is to repeatedly review the characters with increasing intervals of time between each repetition. This helps them stick in your head. I suggest you try a few different methods to see what works for you.

Wishing you the best of luck!

learn Chinese,study Mandarin-forum » Chinese Language » Useful Chinese » discussion on how to learn Chinese
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Search

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Free web hostinguCoz